Friday 29 November 2019

Hello - I'm Back !!!


So where have I been, now that is a story and a half which I won't bore you with now, but one of the biggest changes is that I have "retired".  I say retired as I'm only 47 years old, can you retire that young?  But the reality is that I no longer work for "The Man" anymore and I don't get any state benefits, I live off (like a 1950's housewife) my husband and no we didn't win the lottery. 

It wasn't an easy decision but one that was necessitated by family circumstances and my darling dad who has many health issues coming to live with us full time.  He's a full time job in the nicest way.

So with a considerable drop in our income how do we survive?  I'm happy to say we are surviving and thriving and we really couldn't have done it without embracing frugal living.

I budget within an inch of my life, I have lots of time to make home cooked meals daily, so not having to rely upon any expensive convenience food.  I make do and I mend and we are debt free.

So I'm back to sharing what I have learned, the mistakes as well as the triumphs, lots of recipes, frugal tips and bits.  I will be throwing in a bit of crafting tomfoolery when I can, along with odds and sods as it comes to mind. 

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to see a post from you! Good to read that you are doing ok. I'm also ' retired'( with no income of my own) and my husband has semi-retired from a low paying NHS job. Frugality over the years has paid off.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Days and Simple Pleasures

I am sure that you, like myself, have been very reflective during this period of enforced lockdown and isolation and the varying degrees in ...