Sunday 17 June 2012

Where did it go?

This is a usual question on a Sunday evening, where did it go?  It, of course, being the weekend, which seems to have disappeared in a haze of hospital visiting, cleaning, cooking, washing, ironing, shopping and entertaining.  Today being Father’s Day mum and dad came for the day, they have just left and I am finally settling down at 6.30pm zapped of energy, trying the muster up the enthusiasm to get organized for the week ahead.   I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekends J
So with a full and busy work week ahead I need to get busy this evening to ensure we are ready.  Just starting hubby’s Couscous to ensure he has his lunches for each day, it’s a pain on a Sunday evening but making batch lunches saves a headache through the week.  Then checking the freezer and cupboards to ensure I have all our teas sorted for the week:
Weekly Menu
Breakfasts
Hubby - Weetabix, skimmed milk and Cranberry juice
Me – Porridge and Coffee

Lunches
Hubby- Couscous Salad, 2 apples, 2 bananas
Me – Soup and granary bread

Dinners
Monday               Chilli Con Carne* and Rice
Tuesday               Pea and Ham soup* and bread
Wednesday        Pasta Amatriciana*
Thursday             Scrambled egg on Toast
Friday                    Curry* and Naan Bread
Saturday              Homemade Pizza
Sunday                 Steak pie*, veg

*All homemade but courtesy of batch cooking and the freezer, ensuring we have nourishing, homemade but quick to prepare evening meals J


4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel:) Love your weekly menus. I don't make a list of the meals but I prepare at the weekends the food for the week so I don't have to worry about it. It's a good strategy for busy ladies like us:) Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frugal Up North. I hope you and your family are well. I just wanted to inform you that I nominated your sweet blog for One Lovely Blog Award. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed going through your posts, I think I'll go and write out a menu :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    My name is Brooklyn Bagwell and I am the Casting Director for TLC's hit show Extreme Cheapskates. We're seeking extremely frugal people that find cheaper alternative ways to live their lives. I was looking through your blog and I think you would be perfect for the show.

    We’re also hoping to teach our viewers how to save money in the easiest way. I truly believe that your knowledge and advice would be great for Season 3. Plus its a great way to promote your blog! I would love to speak with you more about this opportunity!

    I look forward to hearing from you!

    Email - Brooklynbagwell11@gmail.com
    Cell – 828 442 0787

    Best,
    Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete

Simple Days and Simple Pleasures

I am sure that you, like myself, have been very reflective during this period of enforced lockdown and isolation and the varying degrees in ...