Thursday 23 February 2012

40 Days & 40 Nights

Well the first day of lent and a time for reflection and fasting, whilst this is a spiritual journey, it will also aid my frugal journey.  My particular absentence during this period is alcohol with a caveat - its my 40th birthday far too soon to mention and the only way I am going to get through that particular milestone is with a firm crutch of copious amounts of alcohol.  With that caveat aside, I am going to abstain, not only good for my spiritual journey, it will be good for my health and my bank balance.  Whilst I am by no means a lush I do drink approx 2 bottles of wine a week and it is a cost in these frugal times that I seriously cannot justify, so we will see how I fair over the next 6 weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. hey there, just started reading your blog. Later this year, when the blackberries are out, I am going to try brewing my own wine, a good and very cheap alternative!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Days and Simple Pleasures

I am sure that you, like myself, have been very reflective during this period of enforced lockdown and isolation and the varying degrees in ...