Tuesday 3 December 2019

Budget Booze


Now to be completely frugal I should be tee total but life is short and I have to be honest that I do like the odd glass of wine or two on a Saturday evening whilst watching Strictly on the telly.  I was also thinking of Christmas and New Year with friends coming over.

Now my favourite wine costs £9 a bottle (I know very expensive tastes), you can buy a perfectly nice Chardonnay in Aldi for £4.99 and that is what I usually do.  However it is Christmas and I thought I would treat myself to my favourite as it is smoother and tastes so much more lush but £9 is a tad steep.

However Tesco currently have it on offer at £7 a bottle and if you buy 6 bottles or more they also have a 25% off deal at the moment so I did treat myself and got my £9 wine for £5.45 a bottle. Whilst still 46p a bottle more expensive than the very palatable Chardonnay on offer at Aldi the quality is worth it.  

It is a treat at a much discounted rate.  I no longer go mad at Christmas and will detail my spends in a later blog.  We will have a great Christmas Lunch with homemade Christmas Cake and homemade mince pies.  Not going too mad and keeping spends in check but we will be well fed and a little merry and so the budget booze I've stocked up on I don't feel too guilty about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Days and Simple Pleasures

I am sure that you, like myself, have been very reflective during this period of enforced lockdown and isolation and the varying degrees in ...