Friday 27 April 2012

Homemade Takeaway

Well after what seemed like a week and a half, hubby fancied a takeaway and a bottle of wine, well his favourite is Indian and remembering back a night like this would cost in the region of £35 easy.  However I decided I could provide a takeaway night at home for a fraction.  I dug around the freezer this morning and pulled out a portion of veggie curry and a portion of keema curry, I boiled some plain rice and warmed through a couple of naan breads.  It was an absolute feast (the photo doesnt look too appetising but boy did it taste good), coupled with a half price bottle of Chardonnay, my homemade Friday night takeaway cost (including the wine) a reasonable £6.74, a fab way to start the weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. looks good to me we often have a similar night, whenever we have curry I save all the leftovers in foil trays and then on nights we fancy a takeaway we cook them in their foil trays like you do with the ones from supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Days and Simple Pleasures

I am sure that you, like myself, have been very reflective during this period of enforced lockdown and isolation and the varying degrees in ...