Friday 16 March 2012

Sparkly & Satisfied

Well today kicked off at 8am as I trudged around Tesco’s, I don’t normally (opting for on-line shopping where Tesco's is concerned) but as I was off work I thought I would travel the few miles more to the huge store and shop for the weekend.  I try to avoid it as it is always a test of my frugal resolve, however I didn’t fair too badly and apart from one item stuck rigedley to my list J
Then back home and I scrubbed the house from top to bottom.  I don’t particularly enjoy cleaning (despite what a lot of my nearest and dearest believe) but I do enjoy a clean house and as I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth and I will never win the lottery (as I don’t do it) then there is only one way to achieve the satisfaction of a lovely clean, sparkly house – do it myself.  I then did all the ironing.  So my weekend so far is on plan.
On tonights menu is one of hubbys favourites and a request this morning – a Friday night treat.  Nachos – Tescos had the large bags of chilli flavoured Doritos on buy one get one free, I have loads of cheese in the fridge and decided to make my own salsa for a third of the price – this will be washed down by beer (hubby) I’m still abstaining
So (for one portion) throw half a bag of chilli doritos in a dish (I use our pasta dishes) sprinkle with grated cheese and melt under the grill

Top with homemade salsa, absolutely delish

Homemade salsa
In Tesco's a small tub of salsa costs £1.00 (Sainsburys £1.09), decided to make my own and spent 99p  however I made 3 times the amount as the shop bought (so a saving of £2.01) and the taste is just non comparable - recipe below
4 large value tomatoes on the vine 99p chopped
1 red onion (from fridge) finely chopped
Handful of fresh parsley (from the garden) chopped
Salt and black pepper


1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! ... think I will have to borrow your salsa recipe..x

    ReplyDelete

Simple Days and Simple Pleasures

I am sure that you, like myself, have been very reflective during this period of enforced lockdown and isolation and the varying degrees in ...